Are you being Bullied?
What can you do?
If you are being bullied and you don't know what to do, don't suffer in silence.
You can talk to bullybusters - 0800 1696928
Talking allows you to get things off your chest and we can give you helpful and practical tips.
REMEMBER it is not your fault, it is the person who is bullying you who has the problem, not you.
Some helpful tips:
- Remove yourself from the harmful situation as soon as you can
- Think of five people you can turn to if you are upset or concerned these could be; your Mum/ Dad or both , your carer, a mentor in school, Grandparents, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins, a Teacher or even your coach
- Remember to let your teacher know if it involves someone in school. If they don't know, they can not help you
- Practise your body language - Shoulders back, head up and a smile on your face
- Keep a diary and write in it the 4Ws, WHO, WHAT WHERE & WHEN, write it down and keep the evidence
- Never feel like you are to blame. It is the person who is bullying you who is at fault
- Get involved in out of school activities - this helps to boost your very important self esteem.